By the way: What ever happended to the great burgers at Chili's. As a part of my personal culinary lore, I ate in the first Chili's on the first day they opened back around 1973. They used to have wonderful burgers. My favorite was a Chili's Trip - a cheeseburger with grilled onions. They were an excellent chain delivering good food in the early years.
Then like many others, they strayed from what made them good. They expanded their menu, and ditched the items that brought them their original customers. Reaching a broader audience will make them more money- never mind that they are not a good at lots of items as they were very good at a few. Too bad for some of us that enjoyed Chili's before it was sold to Brinker.
My Fast Food Burger Rankings:
1. What-A-Burger - could use better fries but they are fresh and made to order. They also have Diet Dr Pepper.
Wish we had a Carl's Jr. They would be second.
2. Burger King - I know that the flame broiling is not for everyone but when you get a fresh hot one they taste good.
3. Jack-in-the Box - Just for the commercials I put them ahead of the others.
4. Sonic is similar in style to Whata but a bit cheaper. Love those drinks.
Upscale Restaurant Burgers:
Sadly Tony Roma's is gone along with the Roma Burger which I thought was pretty good.
1. Fuddrucker's meat is good quality and you can make it how you like it at the fixin's bar.
2. Cheddar's has a very nice upscale burger with plenty of choices.
3. Crickett's never dissapoints and has several nice combinations of add-ons. They are the place for a burger and a beer.
4. Backyard Burger has a decent piece of meat but I am not all that crazy about their specialty choices.
1. Kupps - I love the fries
2. Double R - just like an old fashion burger should taste.
3. Health Camp - certainly a legend.
Kitok's, Captain Billy, Tom's, Chrisiti's
I know this is an area where everyone has an opinion. Post your own.