Thursday, October 26, 2006

Going, Going, Gone

I saw the news in the Waco Harold’s Tribune that two fine food establishments became ex-Waco restaurants last week. The giant Waco Steak and Seafood suffered from schizo consistency and quality. The times I ate there the food was acceptable but many of my friends recounted horrible service and food tales. I gave up on them months ago. If this was your favorite place, you will need to drive to College Station to get your seafood fix.

Talk about an idea that is past its prime…. Krystal, White Castle, Sliders, what ever you call them, no longer has the following to survive in this market. I found the food at Krystal to be very ordinary. I thought “What a great place to take the younger kids in the family. This will be just right for their appetite.” Think again. They were not excited to go there. Lack of a good kids marketing campaign I guess.

Are there others that should be on this list?

HOW DO THEY SURVIVE? LIST

1. Smoky Bones – no cars, no people, no money!

2. Backyard Burgers – we needed two of these?

3. Rosati’s – Who pays this kind of money for pizza? Even if it is good.

4. Trevino’s – had a good business on Hewitt Dr.

Post any additions to this list.

No comments: